BWPhotoChallenge: Day 2

November 17, 2014


I took this photo from our trip to Cebu around August 2012. It has been a while since I've been back home... 13 years have gone by to be exact! It was at this time when Dad and Mom woke up early to watch the sea and sky which used to be the first thing I saw when I lived here (now you know why I've always wanted to be a mermaid!). 

I loved living in the tippy top of the island of Cebu... it was peaceful, quiet and frankly, life really seemed less complicated than it really seemed when you live in the big city like Manila.


This photo really says a lot about that feeling, longing that I have to have a simpler life. I would honestly move here for good, if it wasn't for my career which isn't available in the barrios. Sigh. Being able to see the clouds and the sea and the wonderful colors made me think on how God was thinking of that particular moment. He was thinking of those people who would appreciate His creation and know that He really ONLY creates beautiful things. My quiet times with God during this trip were amazing... feeling the sand in between my toes and smelling the salty air.  

During this trip also I really felt that my family was coming together, the sad fact that my sister wasn't able to join us in this trip... all the more made me like an only child. Which was pretty weird but alas, c'est la vie!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Like us on Facebook