BWPhotoChallenge: Day 3

November 18, 2014


QUIET TIME WITH MY FATHER

I've been slacking off my devotionals lately, and honestly in the back of my mind, I really have been feeling crappy. So, I took the bull by the horns and pushed myself to do my quiet time. I think the reason for not being so eager to do it was because my quiet times, before I stopped doing it was a bit dry and I lost interest in doing it. I know, I know it's wrong to resort to not spending my time learning about God and His Word. But I am human and I make bad choices. Which now has left me in the dark and feeling useless.


I remembered that even through the dry times, I should be consistent in spending my time with God. His word may not make sense right now, but it will in the future. Not one word that comes out from the Bible is useless, even in this day and age... the words in the Bible still ring true and is relevant in our lives.

Using the devotional book that I've already finished once, I decided to start over and true enough my devotion was on Genesis 3 "The Fall of Man". Let me share with you what I've learned on my devotional:

1. Temptation comes in pretty packages. 
"So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes..." (v.6)
--who would want to eat a fruit that looks rotten? If temptation came in ugly packages, it'll be easier to say NO and walk away, right? So, without God's grace and mercy, we would always say yes to temptation and fall into sin.

2. God gives us the ability to admit to our wrongs.
"But the Lord God called to the man and said to him, “Where are you?” And he said, “I heard the sound of you in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked, and I hid myself" (v.9-10)
--God is ALL KNOWING, then why did He have to call out to Adam and Eve "Where are you?", for me this means that God is giving us the chance to admit the wrong that we have done. Making us feel that we can talk to Him about anything and everything. God is a personal God, who is interested in EVERY ASPECT of our lives!

3. SIN will always have its consequences.
--You already know what happened to Adam, Eve and the serpent as a consequence to their disobedience to God's ONLY rule in the Garden of Eden... So yes, no sin can be hidden from God and no wrong action will go unnoticed. It may not be immediate, but you know that it really will be coming for you.

4. God is merciful and gracious God.
"And the Lord God made for Adam and for his wife garments of skins and clothed them" (v.21)
--even if God was wronged, He still provided for Adam and Eve what they truly needed... which was clothes to hide their newly discovered nakedness.

That's it. my personal time with God. Although the message is pretty simple, it is still important to go back to the basics and remembering the characteristics of the God who created all things.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook