BWPhotoChallenge: Day 5

January 06, 2015


ENDURING LOVE

The people in this photo are my Uncle & Aunty, we've just come from Taal Lake earlier and decided to hang out at Taal Vista Hotel and see the lake from afar. I was the oldest 'kid' in the group at that time, while me and my cousins were bonding, they sat at the steps and just stared at the horizon.

It took a just a moment to take this photo but what it means to me has always been in my heart for the longest time. As many of you already know, I am a kid from a broken family. I've never really experienced love between a husband and wife while I was growing up. So you can call me a cynic, but I actually believe that romantic love does not really last a lifetime. But in those tiny moments that God has allowed me to see for myself, whenever I am around my Uncle and Aunty, some part of me wants to believe that romantic love is real, it endures, it lasts forever. 

I want to fall in love like they did and stay in love through the year. In ten to fifty years, I want my husband to look at me as if he was looking at me for the first time. I want his kisses would still feel as sweet as the day we got married. I want to fall in love with one man, over and over again until all my hair turns grey and I get wrinkles on my eyes. I want that kind of love. The love that isn't tainted by media but the kind of love that William Shakespeare would love to write about.

I honestly don't want to be a cynic in this area of my life. But through all the times I've been hurt, been betrayed, been led on. I honestly can't say how much more I can take. But alas, here I am... declaring one last time that I am holding on to that dream... that someday. I'd be the woman in the photo, sitting next to the man I know who loves me dearly and would love me until the end of time.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook