When being a girl isn't an excuse

June 11, 2015



Last Saturday, I woke up around 5 in the morning to drive my sister to the University for her Law School Entrance Examinations. I was all set to go and was walking out of the house to start the car only to find the right front tire flat. I began to panic a bit because I would not be able to do what I have promised to my mom and sister. But alas, they left without me and I was stuck with the car, contemplating on what to do because I needed to be at Church later in the afternoon.

I truly think that changing a flat tire on a car is one of the essential skills you need to know when you finally learn how to drive. Being a girl does not excuse me from knowing how to accomplish this simple task. As long as you have the right tools, you can do this!

But don't get me wrong... I love the fact that sometimes when this happens, there would usually be a man to help me. Yet in moments like this when I am alone, I take pride in the fact that I know what I am doing. I would gladly get down on my knees, apply strength from my arms and do the dirty work myself. Knowing at the end of the task, I could say to myself "I did it with my bare hands!".

So here's my encouragement to all the lovely driver girls out there... learn how to change a tire! Don't wait for a man to do it for you! It is so easy and you'd feel super proud when you've finally done it!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook