HOW TO: Use Eyelid Tapes and Fix Uneven Eyelid Creases

August 31, 2013

Being slightly chinky-eyed due to my Chinese blood. I have always had uneven eyelids. This problem came to my attention when I was still young, but I realized I needed to remedy this situation when I started using eyeliners. Which was, in fact around 2 years ago.



So I scoured the internet and found Michelle Phan's video:


And because of this, I was determined to look for those items she mentioned in her video. Luckily, I found out that Etude House was selling eyelid tapes! (It's obvious that Asian cosmetic companies would have those for obvious reasons)

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w317/125103217/newest/P1070928_zps34cb8082.jpg
Source: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Korea-Etude-House-Eye-Tape-200pcs-double-eyelid-/251251765059
Price:  50PHP

Here's how I apply the Eyelid tape:
  • How my eyes really look like:


See how uneven my eyelid creases are? 

  • First take a piece of the tape from the pad. The positions of the tape are like in oblong shape but are cut in half. In my case, since I only have to even out my crease I used only one.


  • Position the tape on the eyelid you would like the crease to be adjusted. Make sure the curved part of the tape is on the top part of the eyelid. Follow the curve of the natural eyelid crease. Make sure the tape is totally stuck to the eyelid.

  • This is what it should look like after application:


  • Then right after, you can apply your eye make-up. :)
    • But in this photo, I just stayed make-up less.

Perks of wearing the eyelid tape:
  • Easier application of eyeliner: Having uneven eyelid crease really gave me a hard time because the line has to be even for both eyes. So yeah! I get to easily line my eyes!
  • For monolids: YEY for temporary doublelids!
  • There are eyelid "glue" available on the market but there's this thing where you have to wait for the glue to get a bit tacky, then have this plastic fork to probe your eye to place the crease in. Hence, wearing eyelid tape is "safer" than using the eyelid glue.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook