Something Borrowed

August 14, 2013

I was bored one evening and decided to watch one of the movies that were stored in my laptop, and this movie was "SOMETHING BORROWED" where Kate Hudson, Ginnifer Goodwin and Colin Egglesfield starred in.

I know it is a pretty old movie but I couldn't bear to delete it from my hard disk, I'll tell you the reason why later...


As I was watching the film, I had a realization about love...

SAY WHAT YOU FEEL BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE

So, even if Rachel had the upper-hand over Darcy because she knew Dex throughout Law School, due to the fact that Rachel was reserved about her feelings for Dex... She lost him to Darcy! 

Okay! I know that some of you may think that it's Dex's fault for not being clear about his feelings toward Rachel but you have to press rewind and see that scene of the celebratory dinner... Rachel totally put the FRIENDZONE stamp on Dex's forehead when Darcy dared him to ask Rachel out on a real date! Now what was a guy in his position to do??!

Then let's talk about Darcy, I shall commend her for her boldness to actually dare Dex (whom she've never met before) to ask her out instead. I don't know if there is really an unspoken rule about not pursuing (in any way) a guy that your girlfriend is somewhat interested in... Here's my argument about that... even if Rachel said that they are "JUST FRIENDS"... You being the best friend should know that she is hoping for something more in that relationship! I mean, if you were really best friend's with this girl, wouldn't you have talked about (even in passing) the guys that she kinda sees as cute or handsome?

So anyway, enough of that... if I were in Rachel's position, I would've just stayed quiet and blushed like a tomato after my BFF dares the guy that I like to ask me out on a real date! Haha! Then of course, the whole mess of the story will never happen since Dex and I will be together! Hahaha!


Here's the reason why I could never delete that movie on my hard disk:

I found the story too good and painful to totally make it like a movie that I should watch only once. Whenever I watch this movie, I always put myself in Rachel's shoes and feel her pain, I would always imagine... "What if that happened to me?"

At the end of the movie, I would ALWAYS ask my boyfriend if he likes/liked someone else... Then have a ridiculous story that I've related to the movie. But in the end, he would always reassure me that he is 100% on board in our relationship. No doubts, no reservations just pure love.

So yah, loved in ending of the movie and I'm totally looking forward to the sequel, which centers on Darcy. :)

Hope this blog entry makes sense, coz I really feel like I'm a psycho ranting about a movie.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook