The Blessing in Traffic

August 06, 2014

Photo by: Patrick S. Domingo
http://instagram.com/p/rRgmPpS7ga/
Nobody likes traffic.

I offered to drive my Aunt and cousins to the airport for their flight back home. I used the route through Manila to get to NAIA Terminal 3, and although we left the house pretty early, the traffic on the way to the airport made me think if they will reach there on time to check in all their bags.

Finally arrived the airport, I said my goodbyes and started heading home. As usual, traffic reared its ugly head again so I decided to turn my car radio off and just pray.


I prayed so hard about everything and anything that I began tearing up. Talking to God about my life, about where He was planning to take me, about understanding why He allowed all the things that happened to me happen.

I didn't just rant to him about the bad stuff that happened in my life, I thanked Him too for every day He has given me, for every person He blessed me to get to know, for every little moment that He has orchestrated to make me feel loved, for those countless times that He has provided for me and my family with what we need. I thank Him for being God. My God.

As I was conversing with Him, my heart didn't mind that my left leg kept on pressing and releasing on the clutch because of the start and stop motion of the cars in front of me. Yes, I am a girl who can drive a stick shift. On normal days, I would totally go on the deep end coz my left knee would ache at the end of the drive whenever I get stuck in traffic that long.

I was at total peace. The kind of peace I only remember experiencing once, the kind of peace I know that only God can give me. I would never think in a million years that being stuck in traffic would be a blessing, that it would bring about God's peace in my heart.

Hmmm... I think it's how we perceive a situation that will determine if it is a blessing or a curse. What we do in this situation too is a factor. Remember to respond and pray. Do not react.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook