Brunch Date: Ally's All Day Breakfast Place

December 05, 2015


It has been a while since I've posted anything about J and I's brunch dates. If you're my friend on Facebook I would usually post where we would be eating so in short, yes, we haven't stopped "brunching" together! It's just that I've been so busy lately that those photos and notes from our previous dates have been piling up like crazy. So here it is! Another brunch date along Maginhawa St. Quezon City, Philippines.


You have no idea how hard it is to find a restaurant that's open during breakfast hours. So you could imagine my joy when I found this quaint place online. Technically, Ally's All-Day Breakfast Place isn't located in Maginhawa Street but to get there it is easier to use that route and I could say this is in the primary vicinity of Maginhawa.


I don't know if we are the only couples who do it but J and I have a habit of looking at other people's order and seeing if the food looks appetizing and if the size is worth for the price indicated on the menu. Since I was craving for tocino lately that is what I ordered. Then J was torn between getting the Rocky Road Waffles or the Banana Caramel Coffee Waffles, we watched a group of people get their order of the Rocky Road Waffles and told him that he might get easily fed up with it because of the sweetness of the chocolate. So, he ended up choosing the Banana Caramel Coffee Waffles. 

Oh did I mention that the meals come with Iced Tea? For the rice meals, you could add 20PHP to upgrade to coffee or hot tea.

It was quite crowded the day we decided to eat there, so we weren't accommodated immediately. It was actually to the point that J got a little irritated by the time we waited and well, the jam-packed place did not sit well with my boyfriend who is obviously not a morning person.

When our orders finally came...

Ally's All Day Breakfast Place: Sweet Pork Tocino- 140PHP
The tocino and scrambled eggs were cooked perfectly. For a egg-eater starter like me, it was seasoned nicely and it was easy for me to consume it. 

Ally's All Day Breakfast Place: Banana Caramel Coffee Waffles- 270PHP

The Waffles we ordered tasted amazing and in the long run we did not feel fed up with the sweetness of the caramel. I think that is because of the banana. The waffle itself was moist and crisp at the corners which I liked!

Right in the middle of eating our food, J and I looked at each other, smiled and switched plates... my savoury for his sweet dish.

In the end we enjoyed our meal and we left a happy couple. We spent 410PHP in all!

Let's sum it up shall we?
Food: Good!
Place: Quite small and could be really noisy if the place is full.
Price: Justifiable.
Service: Somewhat Understaffed.

Will I go back? Yes! But I think it would be on off-peak hours since I like to talk and that would be pretty impossible if everybody in the restaurant is talking and their voices echo in one small place.

Here's our couple selfie!

ALLY'S ALL DAY BREAKFAST PLACE
Address 1: Second Floor, 22 Malingap Street, Teachers Village, Quezon City
Address 2: The Rock Lifestyle Hub, Holy Spirit Drive, Don Antonio Heights, Batasan Hills, Quezon City
Open Hours: 8 AM to 10 PM

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook