Brunch Date: Cat Cafe Manila

November 03, 2015



Apparently, October 30 is National Cat Day and so right after our brunch at THE BREAKFAST TABLE we proceeded to the 2nd floor of the building and entered CAT CAFÉ MANILA. Since J is pretty much a cat person, he was most definitely more excited than I was about it. 


My amazing boyfriend had this with him just in case!
Before we even entered the café, I had to drink Loratidine so that my animal fur allergies didn't act up while we were inside.



Upon entering the café, we had to take off our shoes and use the slippers they provided for us. We also had to read the reminders and instructions which were posted on the sliding door before officially entering where the cats where hanging out. 


We also had to sign our names up on the before entering the café proper. Since J was pretty much ecstatic about what was about to happen... he signed both our names in and even signed on my behalf!


When we entered the café proper, we were greeted by friendly employees! We paid the 200PHP which was payment for the care for the cats and a food stub voucher that could be redeemed in the duration of your stay at the Cat Café. We instantly got a membership card on our first visit! Kind of sad though that we were only allowed to stay for over an hour. But I think it's to give the other visitors a chance to mingle with the cats in an environment that isn't too crowded.

Look at the cute "obstacle course"(?) for the cats!
Cats really love their naps, don't they?
Here's my J, playing with one of the cats
The sitting area had little wooden tables which had a glass top. The tables weren't that high and you had to sit on the floor with the cats. Surprisingly, the places didn't smell like felines. J laughed and told me it was the scent of kitty litter and aerosol spray. The café was fully air-conditioned which kept the kitties and it's visitors cool and comfortable!

This was the only attempt I had on interacting with a cat during our visit.
I found it kind of funny that the cats would actually try their best to avoid me. Maybe because they could tell that I had 4 dogs at home which would officially make me a dog person. But J had so much fun playing with the cats that being left out by the felines was totally okay since I was enjoying watching J.

Speculoos Frappe- 160PHP
Brownie- 40PHP
Since we had 200PHP food voucher value, we decided to get a drink and a food item to share with each other. The drink was amazingly refreshing and you could really taste the speculoos flavor. The brownie was moist and totally fudgy but I kind of wished it was a bigger serving in relation to the price I was paying for. The drink and snack came in cat-themed dinnerware which I thought was totally cute!

Here are some of my shots of J and one of a cat he was teasing:

Cat kisses!
Well... this cat isn't too happy.
"Could you please stop it?"
I was particularly amused at a special cat inside the café...



This sweetheart was a rescued feline that was left with only 3 legs. It's amazing on how she was able to cope and still act like a normal cat despite being technically incomplete.

Talking to the employees at the café, we learned that all the cats are adoptable! All we had to do was to leave our contact details and a form will be emailed to us which should be accomplished and submitted to the personnel in the café which would then be given to CARA Welfare Philippines and they will be evaluating you to ensure that the cat you wish to adopt will cared for and comfortable in your home.

Mandatory Couple Selfie!
So let's sum it up shall we?
  • Venue: Surprisingly clean and didn't smell like cats!
  • Food: Good but I really wish the brownie had a bigger serving size
  • Value: Reasonable since you were also contributing to the care of the cats in the café 
  • Will I come back? YES if J asked me to!

CAT CAFÉ MANILA:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook