Prenuptial Shoot Musings

April 29, 2015

Before any one of you freak out, let me just get the story straight...

I AM NOT ENGAGED!!!



YET. (HAHAHAHA!)

Last March 9, 2015, a good friend of mine, Vitt Salvador asked me if J and I were willing and available to be  part of his undergraduate thesis wherein it was focused on pre-nuptual photoshoots using real couples. Since J and I weren't doing anything important lately I immediately said yes! 

You see, I've already expressed my discomfort in being the subject on photoshoots (I actually photograph better in a group) but since I really felt comfortable with J, I imagined myself doing well and will be able to deliver good shots for Vitt's thesis.

Together with another couple from Church, Paolo and Ate DJ we met at this studio which Vitt rented for the shoot. It was an amazing place at East Avenue, Quezon City called "Studio Namu". 

There where around 5 scenes where were able to shoot and I had 2 outfit changes. These were my favorites:

  • This was one of the first shots that Vitt took of us, I love this photo because it just shows how comfortable we are with each other. Whenever we are out on a date, we would talk about the weirdest things and laugh about our notions on different topics. I think on this photo we were talking about where will we be eating (even if we just ate a KFC Double Down).



  • I found this photo endearing because it kind of depicts how different we are as individuals, but then put us together in a frame.... I think we make a pretty amazing photo. Don't you think?


  • I was getting nervous at being photographed again, and so Vitt told me to just talk to J about anything and so I did. I love the fact that this is how J really is with me. Being the extrovert in this relationship, I always have a lot to say. I am thankful for someone like J to have in my life who always want to listen to my incessant talking. 

  • This is hands down my favorite photo for the day. I could see this man being a part of my life from here 'til the day I die. He knows very well how much I've hurt in the past, and being a person carrying a lot of baggage, he patiently handles my crazy while at the same time helps me get through the things I often worry about. Believe it or not, I pray for a man who would make me feel safe even if we are just riding the jeepney to somewhere (which J has proven already, years ago when I first met him.) And the fact that we are both wearing white makes me think how he wants to keep me pure and close to God.


  • At the end of the shoot, I've never felt so comfortable just staring into someone's eyes in my life! His eyes feel like a warm hug on a rainy day. His smile, well... let's just say it's something I long to see after an awful day in the real world.

Then the next week, March 13, 2015, Vitt sent me a message via Facebook and asked if we were available for another shoot. Since J and I have been bumming around, I eagerly said YES!

So, we met Vitt at another studio at D. Tuazon called "Shoot Me Photography". There he took some more photos which played with different lighting. These are some of his shots:





  •   This is one of my favorites from this particular shoot. It kind of shows how J always remind me that through whatever he would always hold me close and make me feel that I am not alone. I have to admit that I always think of the worst case scenario in every situation that comes my way, I am thankful that God has blessed me with people like J to remind me that He is good and that I am never going through the peaks and throughs of life on my own.


  •  And of course, the amazing light painting effect that Vitt tried to perfect for so many tries! Still amazed at the outcome of this photo! 


The last photoshoot session was a bit special for me because it was the day before my 24th birthday. It felt nice to usher in the new year in my life with the person who wants to keep me in his life and a person so filled with the vision and talent that I know God can only give. 

In this experience, I've finally woken up to the fact that I am already in that age wherein people get blessed with the people they know that they are going to spend the rest of their life with. Although my friends are on getting engaged, married and having babies... I've finally realized that I don't really have to rush with these kind of things because the decisions I make on these will definitely change my life. I know I can take my time. I just have to trust God and just grow more and more in love with Him.

P.S.
I would like to congratulate, Vitt Salvador for the success of his thesis defense! I am so glad that J and I were able to be part of your project and was able to help make your vision into reality!

If you would like to contact Vitt for any commissioned work, you may do so at vitt.salvador@gmail.com


You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Thanks Jill! :) All thanks to Vitt though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Di ba? hahaha! Galing talaga ng concept ni Vitt! ugh! Still am not over it! hahaha! I miss you Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really look perfect for each other and it showed in every photo. Vitt was able to take great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patriz Nicole GuecoJune 2, 2015 at 10:14 PM

    I love the first photo too girl. :) It too real and genuine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hala teh! I love the photos! I did think you got engaged! I was so ready to comment congratulations and I felt so happy for you! Anyway, once you do get engaged, I will still be happy for you. Hehe.

    Where is Vitt's location? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice photos. Both of you are photogenic and game in posing. I am glad prenup photo shoots were not yet "uso" when I got married. My wife would look great I am sure, but I fear I will just make the photos look funny. Hehe. - Fred

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh super ganda ng photos! Parang real na prenuptial shoot na talaga! Buti nalang may warning ka sa simula baka ang dami ng congratulations sa comment thread mo at isa na ako dun! Hahaha. But I'm looking forward to see the real prenup! :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really really love these photos! And also, congrats on your life realization! You just have to take it at your own pace :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photographs. It sure does look like a wedding is coming your way. haha, funny how others assume just because of the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWwww.. this is so sweet! Bagay kayo :) great creative photos btw

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks lovely! This is one of those unique prenups because I can see both of your personality more than the set. i love the way you laugh together :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful couple. so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous photos! I am going to get married soon and will have our prenup shoot. I love how you look so at ease with the camera. I hope ours would end up looking as gorgeous as these :)

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook