Product Review: Elephant Masterpiece Headphones

August 22, 2013

A friend of mine just recently started being a "student jock" at a local radio station here in the Philippines and she was looking for good headphones that she could use during the radio shows that she was a part of. So, I recommended this headphones to her, since I was also planning to buy these for around 5 months now. (If you really knew me, you would know that in big financial ventures, I usually make my 'want' sit for a while to make sure that I really 'want' it. I would rationalize the urgency of having a specific item that I 'want'... Okay, I'm deviating from the main topic of this blog entry. I'll talk about my thriftiness some other time.)

So, finally I was able to purchase them and now I bring you my review. Although I'm no legit musician, this is from a person who appreciates a product quality despite of price.


The ELEPHANT MASTERPIECE HEADPHONES comes in 4 colors:

Photo source: http://www.bananait.com/pages.php?pageid=1317
And of course, as a safe choice, I got the brown ones. Although I was pretty much attracted to the purple one too! Hihi!

This is the packaging of the headphones: It gives the feeling of mystique if you should purchase the item. Although the photos around the box seem pretty informative, the store which carries this brand does not allow a test run on-site. You would know it is really new since they had to use a cutter to break the seal.


What it looks like when opened:

I was surprised and pleased to find that the headphones had their own pouch which would ensure integrity of the item because the pouch would not get squished so easily. And TADA! This is what it looks like when REALLY opened!


The foams used for the headphones are super comfy and could be worn for hours at a time! Plus it's foldable for easy storage.


The cord is fabric and weaved like a rope, which (in my experience) is better than the normal cord where it is made of plastic. It also has a built-in microphone and button for remote control in music listening activities.



The headphones are adjustable around the ear area, for various sizes of user's heads.


For the remote control:
  • 1 Click- Pause/ Play, Answer Call/ Drop Call
  • 2 Clicks- Next Song
  • 3 Clicks- Last Song
The audio jack is 3.5mm, which is pretty much compatible with most music players and cellular phones in the market.

When worn:


So, okay. I think I've been talking too much of the pros about this product. Here's the cons so far:
  • Like I've mentioned earlier, the distributor wouldn't allow me to have a sample listen of the headphones in the store. Which is kind of weird because "how would you know if the product is worth buying if you won't take it for a test run?". So, you'd have to be a bit of a risk-taker and do your research first before actually purchasing the product.
  • Colors available: I just adore the colors they have now, but what if for instance the buyer wanted his/her headphones to be in the color yellow? I know it is kind of shallow, but it really counts on the sales if they produced more of other colors. (Because at first, I was really looking for yellow headphones).
  • Wearing eyeglasses usually sacrifice the comfort of the headphones... I tried using them while going window shopping, and I just had to take them off once in a while because the sides of the frame were digging into the back of my ear.
  • If you are not going to use them, keep them by. I slept with them once and found one of the foams was removed. But not to worry, I was able to put them back manually while watching TV.
  • The remote control thingy. It feels weird clicking and clicking if you don't like the song that is playing... with 2 clicks, which you have to do really fast would get tiresome at times. and sometimes I think to myself... "Oh my! I'm gonna break them!"
  • Since the cord is covered in thread, be aware of dragging them across wooden surfaces, there may be a splinter hanging around that could tug on the intricate weaving of the cord coat.
If you are thinking what about the quality of sound? Is it any good?

To answer that question, then Yes. Yes it is. For a unit that doesn't cost a thousand pesos, the sound quality is pretty awesome.

Last Information:
  • Price- 595PHP
  • Stores that carry this product- DataBlitz
Shameless Plug:
Remember my friend who's a student jock at a local radio station?
Catch DJ Sheliz during Wednesdays, 4-6pm on Monster Radio RX 93.1

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Just bought the black ones before I saw your blog. Haha they really are good :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Already am! Hahaha! Which Datablitz store did you get yours? Man, I was about to like get the colouds and thank goodness the gamer geek in me suddenly decided to drop by Datablitz and then I saw these and poof! That's already a thousand saved since the Coloud Booms costs around... 1.5k :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got mine in SM Megamall :) Hahaha! Good thing you listened to the gamer geek in you! :D hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. did you try it to all the phones you have? another cons about this headphone is that; its not compatible with all android phones... but if you have an iphone or samsung you won't be having any problems.. and it also not compatible with laptop audio jack and computer audio jack..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried this on a HUAWEI P7 and macbook --- it works perfectly fine. i also tried using this on a SAMSON Go Mic for when I do my song covers and it does well for me. Maybe the unit you got has a defect. :|

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook