Why do bad things happen to good people?

August 23, 2013

I've posted this blog entry before in my old blog in Wordpress. I recently found this when I took a boring moment of my day and googled my name. I decided to repost this to share to those who have not read this yet. :)


*___________________________*

Sometime ago… a certain thought came into mind. I wasn’t feeling bitter or anything but I just had to ask God why. Why did He allow those painful things happen in my life? I mean, I’m a good person… why do bad things happen to good people?
My Church was having its annual Semester Break Retreat and certainly enough I was ready to serve the Lord. I led a group of girls and also participated as one of the members of the games committee. I honestly was feeling pretty good about it.
Then as we were having break-out time with my girls, discussing the topic that was said moments before, I began to open up. Not like the type of opening up that would be deep but a little bit shallow, this time, I told these group of girls about myself that I could never tell just anybody about. I mean… I told my own discipleship group about this and that’s the only group I’ve ever told. I just can’t believe God gave me the peace and courage to say one of my deepest darkest secrets…
I actually got a good response from my girls, they opened up because I did and it felt really good that somehow I’ve blessed them with my testimony.
As I was talking to my Discipler that night, I told her about what had happened how I opened up and told my girls about it… she hugged me and asked why the sudden openness?
I realized that God has a purpose why certain things happen to certain people, may it be a tragedy, a sin, a loss or any form of pain… because God knows what He allows you to experience you can handle them and in the process of getting out of that painful situation… you get to share to other people, you get to be a testimony to the one’s who may be experiencing the same thing you did and may be giving a head’s up to someone who is going to experience it in the future.
1 Corinthians 10:13“No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.”
I found myself being happy that God has given my His saving grace so that people like me have a chance to be with Him in Heaven… I honestly thank God every single day that He paid for my sins so that no matter how ugly and trampled I have been in the past… He took me into His hand and made me good as new.
2 Corinthians 5:17“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!”

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook