HOW TO: Apply Gel-look Top Coat

September 02, 2013

Since I've already blogged about what a BASE COAT, CLEAR NAIL POLISH and a TOP COAT is... I can now proceed to another TOP COAT which has really caught my attention and really am starting to love. When I saw my nails and realized I needed to apply a new color. I decided to do this HOW TO ON GEL TOP COAT APPLICATION.

What is a GEL TOP COAT?
-- A gel top coat is well... a top coat that gives the ultimate shine and protection to your nail art/color. It gives the illusion of having slightly thicker nail polish on your nails, which looks like gel was applied.

In my quest, to find Gel top coats I found out that Etude House and Essence are the brands that carry this type of top coat in the Philippines. (Please do leave a comment if you know any other brands that carry gel top coats)


HOW TO APPLY THE GEL TOP COAT:

The top coat that I purchased was from Essence which was a lot cheaper than what Etude House had. Since I would rather go with the cheaper one if it had the same outcome, I took a leap of faith and bought the one from Essence.

Essence: Gel-Look Top Coat
Price: 149PHP
Purchased in SM Megamall Department Store
  • Clean your nails from previous nail color to start with a clean slate.

  • Add a base coat to protect your nails from yellowing, to strengthen them and to make your nail polish last longer. 
CHIC: Regular Base Coat
Price: 32.75PHP

  • Make sure that your base coat is thoroughly dry before adding the nail polish of your choice.
THE FACE SHOP: Red Nail Polish
Price: 95PHP
  • Once you are satisfied by the intensity of your nail color... make sure that this layer is dry too.

  • Spread a generous amount of gel top coat over the dry nail polish. One thick layer is enough and wait for this layer to dry. 
    • Note: As much as possible, don't do any activity that would affect your nails for a while.
  • When the top coat is totally dry, it will look like this. Where the surface is TOTALLY SMOOTH and SUPER SHINY.

Perks of the Essence Gel-Look Top Coat:
  • Nail polish and nail art will last longer than your normal top coat.
  • It makes the nails super clean and shiny
In the end, I would totally recommend this product to those who are looking for gel top coats. But the downside of this product is: there are not a lot of branches in the Philippines yet. I saw one in SM Megamall and I heard there is one in SM MOA. Check out their other products. I think Essence will be my next fave cosmetics brand. :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook