In 20 Years

September 20, 2013


WOULD YOU BE PROUD TO HAVE YOUR CHILD READ THE POSTS, SEE THE PHOTOS, AND WATCH THE VIDEOS YOU HAVE POSTED ON YOUR SOCIAL NETWORKING ACCOUNTS?

I would just want to ask you dear reader if your child was to open your social networking accounts, would you be proud to show them the nooks and crannies of your profile or would you abruptly click the log out button?

I am not judging anyone with this notion, I would just want to let the thought go through your mind that you should be careful of the stuff you post online. Those statuses with cuss words and sexy photos you post, would you really want your kid to see them? If not, why post them?

I know that you may not have a child and have no plans anywhere in the future, but always think, what if? Would you proudly go through each post with them?

This is my answer to this question. 
  • FACEBOOK- I'd be happy to share with my child any part of my profile. I could also share those moments when I have stumbled with the words I've used in the past.
  • TWITTER- I actually will have a little problem with this account. Due to the fact that I, myself was appalled with rereading my old tweets when I availed my TWITTER ARCHIVE. I learned I started tweeting since April 3, 2009, as I was reading from that year, I found myself shallow and lame. Up to the point that I wanted to give my 2009 self a high-five in the face. But knowing I could not delete tweets from the past, I would just show my kid, the improvement of my tweets when the years gone by.
  • YOUTUBE- Oh. I'd be proud to show her my account since I only upload videos with friends and watch videos which would only rouse the question "What's up with the crime stories, Mom?"
  • MULTIPLY- If this account was still existent, I would probably be embarrassed to let her read my poems which I made for different crushes and wrong people whom I loved in the past. And some photos that I found acceptable before but not anymore.
  • INSTAGRAM- YES. I'd be proud to show my child this profile because it really showed who I am as a person. And nope, there are no questionable photos in this account.
I've learned this during Sunday worship (I forgot who was the speaking pastor). 

Someone was asked "When should you start disciplining your child?", then another person answered "20 years before your child is born."

The reason for this is, you should discipline yourself first before you can discipline your child. Be an example to them. So that there is proof that it is possible to live a good and disciplined life.

So next time, please keep in mind whenever you post anything online. Think of your future children, or nieces or nephews that will be reading your profiles. Will you be proud to let them see or read your post?

POST NOW YET THINK OF THE FUTURE


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook