Make-Up Hunting in the Philippines

June 19, 2014

Have you ever gone to the department store with looking for the perfect lipstick shade in mind? Then as you are walking out the store with or without a new lippy purchased, you find your hand  looking like a palette of different shades of reds and possibly even browns.



Well, this is what usually happens to me and my sister whenever we go cosmetics shopping. And if we really had the time to look around... We'd also have swatches of eyeshadows and eyeliner colors on both hands. Being the thrifty ladies that we are, we usually don't purchase anything unless we really feel that we couldn't live without that product. Haha!

Can I just add that I sometimes get annoyed at those sales representatives that follow you around the store... why do they even follow you around? I think I don't look like a shoplifter (but no one really looks like a shoplifter). I sometimes want to shout in the store... "Can I just browse the products in my own pace? I don't need your sales talk!"

Although I have to admit, I had once submitted to the help of those ladies, and that experience made me feel that they kept on shoving their products on my face. Hmmm... after that incident, I decided to stay away from them... I do this by smiling and informing them that I am just looking around and I proceed to minding my own business.

So, here's the last thing I'd be saying in the topic of beauty product hunting in department stores...

Before going to the mall:

  • Make a list and know what you are looking for
  • know how to tell if the particular shade of whatever beauty cosmetics you are eyeing is good for your skin tone
if you're there to just look around:
  • kindly inform the customer representatives that you are there to browse and would approach them if you need more help (this is applicable only if they following you around... which I know they will)
  • if you find something good keep it in mind and continue looking around, you may find the same thing in a different brand which is just as good but in a cheaper price.
  • if you've decided on something, ask yourself... DO YOU REALLY NEED THIS?
Happy hunting!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook