Press "DELETE"

September 09, 2014

I was surfing the Internet one day and I decided to google my name, and a familiar URL came up. It was an old Tumblr account that we used to keep for our eyes only. It wasn't like a NSFW kind of blog but we kept it to ourselves because of the cheesy and annoyingly sweet things we used to write to each other. I stared at the window and a tinge of panic came up my throat... should I delete this? 


I immediately shouted my sister's name and asked her to come into my room and see what I found. I sent a S.O.S. SMS to my close friends on what I should do about the account. Majority of those who knew about my dilemma said that I should delete it already so that I could finally move on. Some said that I should just let it be, so that when I get a bit older and stumble upon the site again, I would just laugh at the sappy things I wrote.

I continued to stare at the computer window, just searching every inch of my heart for a feeling... any feeling that I knew was associated to what was happening. No love, no hurt, no tears... just confused. Confused on what I should do about it.

Then it was like God was asking me..."If you were his new girl, would you want to find this?", then I answered "No.". There was my answer, I logged into the account, had a bit of a hard time figuring out the password but I eventually got in and immediately looked for the button:

Then after a few moments, this page appeared.



Here's my rationale of why I finally decided to delete the account and I hope this helps with those of you who are starting over:

No matter how clean or messy the break up was, always be a lady. Don't be the bitter ex-girlfriend that is into plotting your ex's demise in the romantic department. Always think "Be glad it happened", that you learned a lot about yourself, about what you want in a relationship and what you truly want in a man. And no matter how your ex and his new girl finally got together, always think to treat a fellow woman the way you would want to be treated.

How can you achieve World Peace if you won't start in your own life with the people around you?

During my healing process, God blessed me with little moments daily that made me feel loved and that I was worth dying for (Jesus died for someone like me... honestly, I still can't believe it sometimes). It was also during this time that my feelings towards my family were solidified... they will always be there to comfort, listen and love you no matter what happened in the past (this was in context of my relationship with my sister, which used to be rocky but now as shiny and splendid as a diamond). 

Then a friend posted this on Facebook which reminded me of how valuable I am in the sight of God:


So yes, I've finally moved on with my life. Concentrating on my relationship with God, my family and friends. Serving the Lord through whatever way I can and sharing my story to those whom I know God has sent to me, so that they wouldn't fall into the same situation I did.

Let me end by sharing to you my life verse:

Jeremiah 29:11For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook