Keeping it in my Memory

October 12, 2014

I had a jam-packed day last Saturday and every moment, in my opinion, was a moment deserving to be immortalized in a photo. I even brought my digital camera with me, but then I never took a single photo to remind me of that day...

Some part of me wanted to just keep these memories between me and the people involved in the memory... I didn't want to cheapen this moment by snapping photos, here and there, just so I could upload them on Facebook and Instagram and have my 'friends' validate my good day with a "thumbs up" or a "double tap".

Although, let me just type down a specific moment I would like to share with you: it was when I was winding down the amazing day with a really good friend of mine. Earlier, he was with me and my family as we celebrated being *almost* complete (My Uncle from the province arrived to Manila to attend a convention), we were supposed to go to the Quezon City Food Fest to meet my High School friends, but then decided to meet them at a lesser crowded place. We walked around and talked and finally sat down at a coffee shop and talked some more...

As I looked at him, doing his random hand gestures while relaying his story, I realized that I still felt the same way as I did when I met him... I loved the fact that he tells his stories with such heart that you couldn't help but listen and be engrossed with his tale. I smiled and told myself that this person, I would want to have around for the rest of my life. :)

We left the coffee shop and walked around some more. The air was cool and fresh, it was like a little sanctuary in a busy city. Then we played at this little jungle gym, and just talked and laughed about our childhood memories. Then the fireworks started... literally a fireworks display was at the horizon and we watched as we sat in the grass on that little jungle gym. We talked some more and laughed and had that "comfortable silence" that I was still getting used to. It was nice. A great memory ingrained in my mind.

We left our little sanctuary at a little after midnight and he drove me home. We talked a little as he parked his car in the driveway and finally said good night.
See? Although a picture paints a thousand words, I find that some moments are better just taken with the camera that God blessed us with... our eyes and our brain. With these you can just close your eyes and go back to that specific moment in time and reminisce.

The mind is a wonderful machine, it can make you feel like you are back in that specific time, seeing the people once again and feeling the same feelings in your heart.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook